Thursday, October 7, 2010

Monkey Bread

If you have never tasted Monkey Bread before, you are seriously missing out!  Monkey bread is this wonderfully sweet, cinnamon sugary, ooey gooey, caramel bread. 

Here is a photo of the one that I made last night


Doesn't it look Yummy?  It is so good!
Here is the recipe.

Monkey Bread Recipe

3/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 cans refrigerated biscuits
3/4 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar

Grease or spray 9x13 pan or bundt cake pan.  Mix sugar and cinnamon in a 1 gallon plastic bag.  Pull each biscuit in half and shake in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat; place in pan.  Over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar, then pour over biscuit pieces.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool for 5 minutes.  Turn upside down. 

This is wonderful as is but yesterday I wanted to try something a little bit different.  A friend of mines mother gave me a sack of apples from her tree and I wanted to use some of them in this recipe.  So what I did was took two apples and chopped them into little pieces.  I took those along with about 1 cup of chopped pecans and I sprinkled them onto the bottom of the pan before adding the sugar coated biscuit pieces.  It made a wonderful topping for the monkey bread - very yummy!

Here are a few more photos for you to enjoy






No comments:

Post a Comment