Sunday, September 19, 2010

A SWEET birthday gift

My Niece turned 17 yesterday and today is her party. Like most teens she prefers MONEY so that is what we will be giving her. I still think it's fun if they have something small to open as well. So I decided to make her some Gourmet Chocolate Chip Cookies!

It was about a year ago when I did a search on the Internet for cookies and came across this recipe on allrecipes.com. I have to say that these are by far the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever tasted! Very moist, gooey, and oh so good!

Gourmet Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Makes 15 cookie

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tbls vanilla
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups chocolate chips

Blend flour, baking soda, and salt - set aside.
Mix melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in vanilla and eggs until creamy. Mix in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips by hand. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Grease your cookie sheets or use baking paper (I love baking paper!). Roll 1/4 cup dough into balls and place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 - 17 minutes just until outside of cookie gets done. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.




See how gooey and chewy they are!


I like to stack 5 of them and place into a clear food grade bag. I tie the bag shut with a pretty ribbon. Then I put them into a box and wrap them with pretty paper. Who wouldn't love to get these for a birthday treat?!


































No comments:

Post a Comment