Monday, September 27, 2010

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Since the time I was very young, my favorite pie has always been pumpkin.  The only thing is, I really only love the pumpkin filling and not the crust.  I remember in my younger years eating only the filling and leaving the crust sitting on my plate, and then asking for seconds.  Sometimes I got lucky and was given another piece! :)

I was craving pumpkin pie and decided that I was going to try to make one crustless - why not?!  So I mixed up the filling, poured it evenly into 4 custard dishes, and baked them.  They turned out perfectly!!!  Since my husband likes crust, I decided to cut out heart shapes from pie crust using my cookie cutters and baking them as if they were cookies.  They too turned out great!

Before serving I topped each dessert with whipped cream, and added the pie crust hearts.  Oh so yummy!!!

Crustless Pumpkin Pie recipe 

1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 can (12 oz) evaporate milk
2 eggs
3/4 cups sugar
1Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Blend all ingredients and pour evenly into 4 custard cups.  Bake 20 minutes.  Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake another 40 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.  Cool. 


                                                                            ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. sounds yummy and you made it look super cute with the whipped cream and hearts. great thinking!
    : )
    ~jody

    ReplyDelete